The location of your session will be shown in the programme. You should arrive 10 minutes before your presentation to meet the session chairperson and the stage manager where applicable.
Speaker preview room: Soutra Room
Instructions for Speakers
- Speakers must submit their presentations to a Speaker Preview Technician who will load, validate and distribute their presentations in the Speaker Preview Room (Soutra Room) no later than 2 hours before their presentation .
- Please bring the computer file of your PowerPoint or Apple Keynote presentation (on USB stick or CD).
- You can, if desired, make corrections in the Speaker Preview Room up to one hour before the start of your session.
- Your presentation will be uploaded to the meeting room through the EICC’s computer network. A list of presentations will be displayed on the computer screen in the corresponding room installed at the lectern. Simply click on your name to start your presentation.
- Click the mouse or press the arrow keys to advance slides as normal
Format and Technical Requirements
- Presentations created in PowerPoint for PC, Power point for Mac and Apple Keynote format will be accepted:
- PowerPoint 2010 updated with the latest patches
- PowerPoint 2013 updated with the latest patches
- PowerPoint 2016 updated with the latest patches
- The EICC Technical Department operates using Apple iMacs with OSX Mountain Lion, running Power point for Mac and Apple Keynote. Speaker pre-view technicians will be on hand to check each and every presentation for compatibility and formatting issues and are equipped to ensure your presentation appears exactly as expected
- For presentations created in MS Office for Mac PowerPoint 2010, be sure to add the extension ppt at the end of your file (for example - mypresentation.ppt).
- To avoid potential problems with display fonts, please only use fonts common to both platforms (Arial, Courier, Courier New, Geneva, Georgia, Helvetica, Times, Times New Roman).
- For images in your presentations, it is preferable that the images are in jpg format. The image resolution must not exceed 1920 x 1080 pixels (width by height).
- Please ensure your presentation is using a 16:9 aspect ratio to fill the projection screens.
- If you have embedded video files to your presentation, they must be any of the following formats mpg, mpeg, wmv avi or QuickTime (mov)
- Do not forget to upload any video files separately in addition to your PowerPoint presentation.
The technical team will be at your disposal throughout the conference to help you in the Speaker Preview Room.